KUALA LUMPUR: Seven localities in Sabah and two in Pahang will come under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) from Monday (Aug 2), said Senior Foreign Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein.
He said in Sabah, five localities in Kota Kinabalu, namely Lorong Kuala Laut Likas; Kampung Warisan; Kampung Darau, Menggatal; Kampung Rakyat Baru and Kuarters Pekerja Imbas Jaya, Jalan Kionsom would be placed under the EMCO until Aug 14.
The EMCO in two other localities in Sabah – Kampung Melulugus and Lorong 3, Kampung Klias Baru in Beaufort – as well as two areas in Rompin, Pahang – Bandar Melati and Ladang Senang will be enforced from Monday until Aug 15.
“The standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all EMCO areas are the same as previously announced. Further information can be accessed at the National Security Council’s website at www.mkn.gov.my,” in a statement on the National Recovery Plan (PPN) and EMCO today.
Meanwhile, he said the EMCO in Pos Iskandar, Bera, Pahang and Kampung Tinusa 2, Sandakan in Sabah that was supposed to end tomorrow has been extended to Aug 15.