KUALA LUMPUR: The third Movement Control Order (MCO 3.0) scheduled to end this Monday has been extended for another two weeks until June 28, following the high number of daily COVID-19 cases.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said this was decided in the National Security Council (NSC) special meeting chaired by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today, on the recommendation of the Ministry of Health (MOH).
“This decision was made after taking into account that the number of daily cases is still high at over 5,000 cases a day, with the average number of new cases until yesterday being 6,871,” he said in a media statement here today.
He said the positive/negative list and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for each manufacturing, business and industrial sector will remain as previously announced and this can be referred via the websites of the related ministries.
Further details on the SOPs can be obtained through the MKN website at www.mkn.gov.my.
He said since there has been no change to the previous positive/negative list and SOPs, it is hoped that there would be no more confusion on the SOP enforcement.